Test and validationEquipment
The Battery Lab is a laboratory used for experimental activities conducted on batteries. These are carried out with the aid of technological instruments such as the ACS Model-DM1600 C BT climatic chamber, which allows tests to be carried out in a controlled thermal regime from the individual cell to the complete battery pack. The charge and discharge cycles of the cells, or battery modules, are carried out with a REGATRON four-quadrant power supply (G5.162.1500.972-UNV-21025). Among the activities conducted in this area is the prototyping of devices for the management and monitoring of lithium-ion batteries in which, in addition to experimental activities, instruments for cell simulation are used. In particular, the laboratory has nine Chroma Model87001 simulators; these, thanks to proprietary software developed in-house, are able to reproduce the behaviour of any type of cell based on the data collected during characterisation.
- High volume, high temperature range thermal camera (1700 L, -75°C/180°C)
- Advanced portable thermal camera (up to 1500°C)
- Peltier junction systems for high-precision surface temperature
- Multiple power supplies and loads
- Bi-directional power supplies:
- Voltage up to 1500V
- Current up to 1000A
- Multi-channel battery pack simulators
High precision multi-channel measuring instruments for:
WHEEL ELECTRIC DRIVES TESTINGTest bench for electric drives, electric scooters, torque and speed testing of electric motors
HARDWARE IN THE LOOP AND REAL-TIME CONTROL – Rapid PROTOTYPING PLATFORMS
- dSPACE HIL and SIL platform.
- SCALEXIO, Autobox, Micro-Autobox, Typhoon, rapid prototyping control modules.
- Imperix hardware and software development platform.